Sunday, January 9

Mad dash to the vet this morning ....

... it appeared Tigger had removed a full stitch (she had) and her gizzards were escaping (they weren't). Her wound was a bit red and sore looking, which it wasn't yesterday, and the litter tray was a bit ... icky.
Full blown panic on my part, calm non-panic on the part of Mr Brown (sometimes I think he doesn't care). A call to the vet got us in right away.
She's back home feeling much better after a shot of anti-inflammatories and the start of a course of antibiotics (it's just not fair how well cats take their medicine in the surgery, not fair at all).
We were also sent home with an 'Elizabethan-type' collar. Anybody want to guess how long it took Tigger to wriggle out of that? Go on, guess.
Poor sick Tiggywee

9 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

I saw the answer on Twit, so I won't guess.
Wow, what a circus cat!

Pink Granite said...

I can't guess. I saw your Tweet!

You'd think the vets would come up with a better solution than those collars. They seem to induce panic. If we can put a man on the moon...

Good luck!

S said...

ooo a minutes or two?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie yep, she almost did a somersault executing the removal maneuver too!
Lee, I'm contemplating making up a little, tummy-covering suit, out of that wetsuit stuff, I don't think she'd get that off.
S 10 seconds! 10!

Zoomie said...

Saw the answer before I had time to guess but I wouldn't have said much longer than 10 seconds. Cats are amazing. I'm glad she's okay and her insides are still in.

cookiecrumb said...

Wetsuit, tummy-covering stuff! Brilliant, and I hope it works. Cool, really. You are thinking.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, I was gobsmacked at how quick it was.
Cookie, getting it on would be a NIGHTMARE! Also, Mr Brown may question the holes in his second-best wetsuit :)

e said...

Did not catch the tweet, so I will guess under a minute.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E - o yes, about 50 seconds under a minute!