Tuesday, June 8

So, I did ok on the loot side of things ...

My wishlist of 3, if you remember, was:-
1. Fancy French Food (the dinner element) - I can now reveal Mr Brown is taking me to Claude's on Saturday where we will have the tasting menu along with the wine flight. Before then we're going to Tastevin Bistro tomorrow night, because Wednesdays are always late-home days.
2. Fine Art from a Far off Foreign land (the big present) - a beautiful painting of Jellicle Rats by the talented Jackie Morris, who lives with a pride of ginger cats in Wales (one died today, a terrible sadness for her & his furry friends).Aren't they just beautiful?
3. A FishFacsimilie (the little present) - a lovely Jersey Pottery platter with a Sea Trout painted upon it, part of the Fruits de Mer range, of which I already have an oyster plate.Speaking of oysters, we ate 2 dozen of them, in the kitchen, tonight (Mr Brown's keeping all the shells from this and all feasts past and to come. He's building a midden in the backyard he tells me).
Assisted and/or hampered by a small, Siamese, furry shark. Pingu does not 'do' oysters. The intention was to have 12 with a vinaigrette and 12 steamed with soy & rice vinegar. However, after a disastrous and depressing attempt at frock shopping in the afternoon, followed by slaving over a hot fish pie, I simply couldn't be arsed steaming. So I whomped up a 2nd vinaigrette and we guzzled them down.Fish pie? Why yes, a rather fancy version made with prawns, scallops and some salmon, all held together with a light sauce flavoured with dill & lemon.We are a couple of full-as-googs brown mice, we are.(Knitted by my lovely mama just for me, 2 mice and their pet blue-banded bees).
Happy birthday human, where's our dinner?

14 comments:

Urban Koda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. MOUSE!!!!

Stomper Girl said...

Happy Birthday Brown Mousette. Mr Mouse did good.

Zoomie said...

Terrific loot! I'm amazed by how tiny Tigger still is.

Pink Granite said...

Looks and sounds fabulous!
So glad that, on balance, it was a very happy day!

Susan said...

Sounds like in the end it was a day to remember!
Love the mice and their bees. The plate is gorgeous.
And the furry creatures are magnificent!

cookiecrumb said...

H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y,
M O U S E

love
debby

S said...

Fabulous loot! fabulous sounding pie..and the wait for my felted pressie will just extend the birthday week out a bit. x

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Thank you, thank you one and all.
S - I do like to spread the birthday over several weeks so YAY!
Zoomie, we think she's grown heaps!

Uli said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful event all around.

(Apologies for the belatedness of the wishes)

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see such a wonderful knitted top hat? themother

Roo said...

Sorry I'm late - Hippo Birdie Two Ewes ;o)

A wealth of pressies that look brilliant, be careful where you stack them when we come to visit ;o) kudos to your mum for knitting a blue-banded bee, I'll have to send photos of our red-bummed bee xxx

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Uli, ta and since I have a birthday month, not late at all?
Ma, nope, I never have! xxx
Roo, I'll lock things away, for sure. Do send a pic, you never know what clever nice mummies do for friends. She knitted a vegan sable for a friend!

Roo said...

Woo-hoo - I'll dig out the red-bummed bee pics. I'll have to post a photos of my cactus my sister knitted for me!

e said...

Fabulous birthday! Glad to see Tigger helped.