Tuesday, February 2

I think they like it here ...

... I got home with just enough light to catch this.Ten little blue banded bees all in a row.This totally makes up for those ghastly, stringy, pink-flower bushes attacking me every morning. As you can see, they changed spots during the "shoot", some of that wild leg waving ensued.

Edited to add - It's piss-bucketing down rain outside, so I popped out to see how the little fellas were doing. Still clinging to the plant, soaking wet poor poppets. So I've carefully manoeuvred the tendril so it's under the porch roof, out of the rain. I do hope they'll be ok.

Edited to add AGAIN - O my, o my, my pic got retweeded by Mr Firstdogonthemoon! I am most cuffed I must say.

9 comments:

Roo said...

Yeah for the banded bees - and yeah for you keeping them dry, you big softie ;o)

cookiecrumb said...

Um, knock-knock? Joe sent me.
(I'm in!)

Pink Granite said...

I second Roo - you are a softie!
Congrats on the cool ReTweet!
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

I guess if you have blue stripes and buzz pollinate, you've a guaranteed bed for the night at the brown mouse house :)

e said...

Great shot of them all lined up, how cute! I love bees. And I love how much you appreciate all the critters in your garden, including possums and spiders.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E, I'm a simple soul I guess, delighting in the little things :)

Zoomie said...

"Ten little bees, roosting in a row" sounds like the first line of a poem for children. Maybe you'll write the rest?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, poetry is not my bag, but perhaps a story, one day....

Zoomie said...

I'll look forward to reading it.