Monday, September 14

And so ...

... dinner was here.
A brilliant space foraged out of a solid steel former bank vault complete with the most amazing safe doors at either end.
A lovely french waiter, who chatted world affairs, Timor, US foreign policy, and politics with us most of the night.
I had a blessedly simple plate of the perfect. simply dressed greens followed by herby gnocchi with chorizo, hen of the woods mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sweet corn and shaved Parmesan (could have done without the corn). Mr Brown had east coast oysters (west coast soon) then pan roasted chicken with potatoes, mushrooms, local green beans, caramelized onions, cherry tomatoes, and bacon. We then shared a New York Cheesecake, because you have to do these things sometimes.
It was all most excellently excellent.

5 comments:

Pink Granite said...

An excellently excellent way to begin to wind down your love affair with NYC!
;o)
- Lee
P.S. But it's also ;o( because I shall miss having you and Mr. Brown in this hemisphere...

Zee Poodle said...

Ooooo, nummy! Your description of the gnocchi makes my tummy yearn for sumptious Italian foodie bits.

Brace yourself, my dear, for I am about to tell you what I had for dinner this evening.

You might need to sit down.

Please. Feel free.

I had a meat pie.

LOL!!! Ghastly. Horrid. VILE!

And - as it is nearly 4 years since I ett one, I savoured every morsel. It was perfectly disgusting. Buried in tomato sauce and such. Oh my.

Mmmmm.

Oh. My parents would not speak to me as a result of my insistence on having a pie instead of their Mahi Mahi (or whatever fishy dishy they had) but I was on a one-way track to Pie Land.

I know I'm going to hell for it.

I'm OK with that. I shall be in good company!

Please enjoy more yummies and be posting their details.

And if you can get into the Cliffhouse, I shall require all delicious informations...

xxxxxx

e said...

Awesome place and the food sounds divine. And a waiter who can talk world affairs. You won't find that in LA, they're all wanna-be actors and only interested in their reflection in the mirror. Well, I exaggerate, but LA is not as cosmopolitan as NYC.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee, the Northern Hem's been a blast, we shall return!
CAW WTF???? Tell me it was at least a Bullis Bros pie!
A Cliffhouse visit isn't planned, but I got a Cliffhouse squashed penny! OMY How I LOVE squishing pennies!
E - waiters, meh, but this guy WOW (cute too)

Pink Granite said...

We press pennies too!!!