Friday, August 1

I've been working really, really hard ...

... the last few weeks or so, on an beastly new project at work.
Can't say what, don't want to be Dooced, secret Guvamint bizness and all that. But all this lunatic reading of teeny tiny legislation and combing of forms and sundry other business has taken a bit of a toll on my poor old peepers. They are all tired and bloodshot and not playing the game.
So, it may be a bit quiet around her for a while, I can't be staring into a computer screen all day at work and then doing the same thing when I get home. (It's playing havoc with my reading for pleasure too, I pop into bed, read a page, perhaps 2 and fall asleep - pathetic really).
With any luck it should all be over by 1 October (the "tentative" BIG day). Just offering my excuses ahead of time is all.

8 comments:

e said...

I know how that is. I have days, sometimes weeks, where it's just constant deadlines, and at the end of the day I'm unable to focus on the screen. Ack.

cookiecrumb said...

Rowr! I wish I knew what you were working on. (I know: but then you'd have to kill me.)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E- Ack indeed.
Cookie, trust me, if I told you, you'd DIE of boredom!

Anonymous said...

Och, your poor bebe, all that tiny fine print! Blerghus. Of course you are forgiven in fine style for taking breaks from the blogsophere, we will miss you tho I must say. However, when you have time, I do need to know what David Sedaris' "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" is like - I've been eyeing it for a while, but have not had time to read it - hence, I require your review before I am tempted to purchase. LOL xxxxxx
PS: some GREAT eyedrops are back on the market in Oz .. Albalon 'A'. They were banned for the longest time, but now - they are BACK! They sting a lot when you put them in, but that's b/c they're shrinking those pesky blood vessels. It acts as a vasoconstrictor. Your Mr Brown might like them too b/c they also keep pterigiums at bay by starving the virus of oxygen. :)
Albalon 'A' luv. Made by Allergen. The pharmacy where you get Small's asthma stuff will have them :) and when you go there, say hi to Steve and Sandra for me :) xxxxx
Onwards and upwards - breaks aplenty!!

Pink Granite said...

Be well and happy and get as much rest as possible!
;o)
- Lee

Pink Granite said...

Be well and happy and get as much rest as possible!
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Caw - Albalon 'A' - thanks for the tip, and as a reward a teeny wee review is posted!
Lee - trigger fingers ;)

Pink Granite said...

Sigh...
I push the button.
Nothing appears.
I push it again.
One appeared.
I left before the second materialized.
If patience is a virtue, apparently I am not very virtuous!
;o)
- Lee