Saturday, November 10

After a week of near constant rain ...

... and a mighty rain storm last night, the sun came out this morning.
Just what the doctor ordered for Persephone and the wee solar garden lights we've been trying to power up for a week. The Rocket has taken over the salad garden, I'm really going to have to do something about that. Though it's become quite the skink habitat. This morning I quietly watch a skink skitter and leap from leaf to leaf, a coppery, bright-eyed acrobat.
The moist and mild conditions seem to suit the hydrangea. It's gone completely ape-poo, putting on an astoundingly, almost blinding-white display of it's fluffy floral art. And the ginger lily is at it again. I do love that I can have my weekend wanderings in the tiny garden, tis soothing to the spirit.

6 comments:

Matsby said...

Wow! If I am ever in Australia, I have got to come see your garden.

Maybe you could get a pet wallaby to catch all those skinks.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

MG - if ever you are in town a tour of the Brown-Mouse garden could be arranged. Should take all of 5 minutes:)
As for skink catchers, I've already got one of those - Ping is forever bringing the poor dazed little things inside for me to rescue and pop back outside.
A wallaby would be useless, these native animals gang up together against we feral imports.

Pink Granite said...

I'm looking forward to tracking Persephone's progress...
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Well, Ms Persephone has a nice new/old 1/2 wine barrel to live in and as soon as the hot sun goes down she's being moved to her (hopefully) final home.

LBA said...

Hmm - those lights should have fired up in a day - mine only needed a few hours out of the packet to shine that night !!

Looks like you mightn't have taken off your 'protective' plastic bit from the tops though perhaps ?!?!?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

H&B, we'd had no sun for a week to fire up the little lights, but a day in yesterday's sun has them going great guns!