Wednesday, April 19

Whoever said the internet was a cold and lonely place ...

Can't have been talking about food bloggers.
I found a lovely food and photography blog whilst aimlessly ambling through the internet recently, Lucullian Delights (I've popped it in the sidebar thingy).
Ilva lives & cooks in Tuscany and uses some unfamiliar kitchen measurements like dr (decilitres). Not quite understanding what this was I chanced an email to ask (I really wanted to make some biscuits she had posted and with baking guess-work is out).
I got a lovely reply and a suggestion of where I could find a tool for the measuring (Mr Brown & I are off to Ikea this weekend). Ilva was perfectly charming and most forgiving of my extra questions (for the purposes of clarification, as I said, baking is an exact science).
So, as the cook was that nice, I figured her recipes must be most excellent. And they are. I tried her vegetable pie with pine nuts and goats' cheese for dinner tonight and it went down a treat (despite Mr Brown's "no meat" face).
Lookie, isn't it beautiful? And there's delicious leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.
On a completely different note, pop over and see Ping playing the dominatrix.
Oh, I think this photie is too cute not to post!

5 comments:

caw said...

oo la. The fotos on the cooking lady's blog are lovely. So fresh and colourful.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

And SO YUMMY - I've just made some bickies, will blog photies cos they are cutiepies!

Ilva said...

oh oh oh, I NEVER expected this-you are just too nice!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Ilva, my theory is if you are nice it tends to reflect right back at you!
m

caw said...

Divine!! I love it :)