Saturday, July 10

The Village of Millthorpe ...

... Millthorpe is lovely, I can almost see myself living there, except for the whole no job and it's so bloody far from the city.Still, it's got a couple of lovely places to eat, Basalt, where we ate on the Friday, and Tonic, where we plan to eat one day. It has one hat! I didn't know and did zero research before our jaunt. Never mind, next time.
Millthorpe is cold, but I'm a cold climate girl, and the things you can grow! Yes, I do realise I used to complain about what I couldn't grow when I lived in a cold climate. Now I complain about what I can't grow in a warm one. It's rather like the curly hair, straight hair thing or grass being green everywhere except where you are at any given time I guess.
Anyway, there are wineries galore, including one in the main street, a cooking school, truffles just down the road, an amazing old bone yard to wander through (I hate modern lawn cemeteries, HATE them), and room, lots of room. O, and Mr Brown was very impressed with the coffee.
If you have time, take a look at this little lot.

11 comments:

Susan said...

I'm with you on old cemetaries. Love them to death!

Zoomie said...

Rupert did you proud but the hat-conferring folks need a good editor.

Roo said...

Good eating snail in graveyards.... just a thought ;o)

No job? did I miss something?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Susan, yep, there's nothing quite like an afternoon wandering around a proper, old-fashioned graveyard.
Zoomie, editors are too expensive and besides, the young folk who write for papers today don't take kindly to being corrected!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, I'm nor sure about graveyard snails, sounds like bad magic!
Umm, who's got no job??

cookiecrumb said...

Wow, I can SEE the chilly air in your photos. Thanks for a wonderful slide show.

Speaking of loving old cemetaries to death, my dad used to call them "that place people are dying to get into."

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, it was wonderfully chilly :)
Ps, my dad tells that joke too!

Pink Granite said...

I'm so glad you had such a good trip!
Thank you for the pics and the narrative.
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee, it was your kind of weather too, just no snow :(

Roo said...

Hey hey - you said at the start of the post, no job and far from the city - so I thought there was bad news.. just ignore me.. it's holiday fever ;o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, O, no, I'd have no job and live far from the city IF we move to Millthorpe :) Holidays, lovely!