Saturday, April 3

A tiny, tiny, Siamese tiger ...

... has come to live in the Brown Mouse House.
So far the Ping factor is ... well hostile really. Lots and lots of hissing.
On the upside, no spitting or growling or biting. Ping hisses when she sees the kitten and runs away. When she smells the kitten on me she hisses and withdraws her cuddlesome love. She appears to have entered a state of permanent sulk.The kitten, on the other hand, won't leave the end room loo. The room where we keep the litter tray and all sorts of shit, ladders, leaf blowers and dust, it's where we keep our rare earth dust collection. We've been taking it in turns to sit on the loo (seat down) to cuddle the kitten, play with the kitten and submit to ferocious kneading from the kitten. She's adorable and so very, very tiny with ears that tremble like butterfly wings. We think we'll call her Tigger.

13 comments:

KPB said...

OH she is BEAUTIFUL! And my disdain for pictures of cats on blogs is widely known.

Susan said...

She is gorgeous! I like the name 'Tiger'. I once had an orange tiger named 'Jungle'

Oh dear Ping, in a few days you will come to tolerate, then love your new little sister. I know I did.

S said...

Ohhh goobie goo. I'll have to log on and show the big girl tomorrow.

M said...

Oh welcome Tigger!

I hate to tell you but despite our two cats having a veneer of getting along there is still a lot of hissing three years down the track...

Stomper Girl said...

Squeee! There's nothing as much fun as a kitten. Oh she is lovely. I reckon Ping will come round.

Making a few kitten-based enquiries myself at the moment.

Zoomie said...

Hope the hissing stops soon and the snuggling recommences. She's lovely - I hope Ping will see that soon. :-)

cookiecrumb said...

Classy kitten. She looks like a ghost! I hope the acquaintancing gets along in a hurry. Happy day.

Pink Granite said...

Waaaay too adorable!
I echo the sentiments wishing for a peaceful detente between Ping and Tigger. And hope that it is swiftly followed by the emergence of true affection in your peaceable kingdom.
;o)
- Lee

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Hello Tigger! See you have your own space in cypurr space! LOL Our cats do too! We have quite a Hair...um. Sorry, feeling a bit punny! Just named two new members to our group, Tang (an orange kitty of course) and Boa, cause his tail is like a feathered boa. We have a black one named Swiffer, because she is always picking up dust in her fur. One was meaner than sh*t so named her after my MIL. LOL Then a pair we named one Nova and the other Caine. We also had a cat named Gateway since he was black and white spotted. Another was named Cessna, since it had such a loud motor. I won't bore you will all of our kitties names here, as you can catch them periodically on my blog.

Fe said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I am very jealous!

Welcome little Tigger! May Ping come around soon ;)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Tigger say hello everybody! And fluffs her tail!

Ul said...

I am not a cat person, as you know, but that's a very attractive new kitty you have there. Hope the introductions become a bit easier...

Sue said...

Oh, I haven't been by here in the longest time and I'm so excited to see that Tigger has finally arrived!! I'm sure by now she's made herself very much a part of your family and is loving all the attention! Isn't she darling?

I hope that Ping warms up to her and that they become the best of friends!

Sue x