Sunday, March 21

So do you remember ...

... in my last post, how I said it couldn't be long before Mrs Poss insisted Bebe Poss came out of the pouch? Well, behold. I'd just popped out to bring in the crispy sun-dried washing and I heard something a little like shrieking. Actually a LOT like shrieking. I looked up into the Jacaranda Tree, spotted Mrs Poss hauling that Bebe Poss right out of her pouch.Bebe Poss did NOT want to come out, but Mrs Poss insisted.
There was some high-wire shuffling and Bebe Poss was up and on mum's back.
He or she had good look round from the furry perch that is mum, and then tried to go back. Mrs Poss would have none of it. I think we'll be seeing quite a bit of the ween from now on.

12 comments:

Zoomie said...

Impossibly cute face, even if he is a freeloader! Why does Mother Nature make all babies so darn cute?

cookiecrumb said...

What a stunning series of photos! You deserve the Nature Badge. The little guy is so cute. (And... has he been crapping and stuff inside her pouch?)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, I'm guessing because they are such hard work we'd toss em aside if they weren't so cute. I read somewhere that big eyes stimulate the care factor in humans.
Cookie, ta! Mum possums "vent" their babies, so no, I don't think they do actually poo in the pouch, ick!

cookiecrumb said...

If that was a toy, I'd buy it.
Now I have to look up "vent."

S said...

Zoomie is right - impossibly cute. goobie goo!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, venting is icky but better than getting poo in your pouch!
S, yep, it hurts me not to snatch him up and squeeeeeeeze till the pips squeak!

AMIT said...

Wow just lovely pictures you have posted.I enjoyed reading.

home jobs india

Anonymous said...

squee that's cute! I love that mummy possum's tough love. Teach 'em No Means No! It saves all sorts of trouble later on.

I'm posting as anon in case your Indian spammer decided to visit me. love Stomper

Zoomie said...

Big eyes must stimulate the care factor in all kinds of animals - even possums - 'cause all babies are cute, even the ones humans don't usually take care of.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, yep, those big eyes just look up at you and the heart of stone just jellifies!

Sue said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! So glad he (she?) decided to show his gorgeous face to the world! I don't know how you managed to restrain yourself from touching...

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Sue, well I know I'm not supposed to and there's always the danger Mrs Poss would scratch the hell out of me, have you seen her claws?? :)