Tuesday, February 16

100 Postcards from Penguin ...

... So I ordered something on the interwebs.
100 Penguin Publishers book covers, as post cards.
They arrived in a nice little box this afternoon. They are beautiful.
I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to DO with them, so far I've only shuffled through them and exclaimed with delight as I happen upon a title.
Bookmarks I suspect, since I'm quite certain I won't be sticking stamps and pithy holiday messages on them.
Nope, once I've picked them up off the lounge room floor and popped them back in their box, I think I'll be carefully selecting one, from time to time, to mark the place where I've been rudely interrupted from my reading pleasure.

11 comments:

Zoomie said...

Maybe separate the "to reads" from the "already reads" and use them as a suggested reading list. Beautiful.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Zoomie, I like your thinking. A Tweep suggested framing some too. Perhaps.

cookiecrumb said...

I'll be expecting one. If you're sharing at all.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, if I can ever bear to let one go, you're on the list :)

cookiecrumb said...

I was untoward.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

No, I'm just a greedy baggage who does not share well with others ;)

Pink Granite said...

I'm not alone!
When we travel, if I spot a particularly nifty postcard I wish to send I have to buy two - one to keep for myself!
Enjoy them all...
;o)
- Lee

Roo said...

Hmmmm, I'd frame a nice selection, and what super bookmarks... I may need to treat myself.....

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee, exactly.
Roo, I got them from Amazon.co.uk!

M said...

Have you seen the companion coffee mugs?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

M I have indeed, but how many coffee mugs does a girl really need? Esp a girl who only drinks one cup of coffee a day?
Sigh, must refrain.