Sunday, January 4

Approved and ready to start racing ...

... Mr Brown's boat has been all measured and stamped approved to play in the races. Yes, he sent me photos, he's so romantic like that.Apparently his trapeze wire snapped 50 metres from the finish of a race today (pre-worlds race meeting) and he fell in the water. Still finished in the top third though.
He seems to be having (his kind of) fun though, I quote "Most competitors are here now, it's almost easier to list the non-European countries represented (I won't) - even Ireland and Portugal are here. So I'll be able to test the Portuguese Jxxxxx taught me and check how good my rotten-potato-finding skills really are*!
"We had some Thai food with some of the Dutch contingent ... had long broken English chats and it was decided that F1 is a little boring and we're looking forward to the design changes for this year, super bikes are better than motor GP and that Aussie football is very tough - but that did seem to include Rugby, Rugby League and the other one, and that fast talking kiwis sound a bit like fast talking Scotsmen ... persons. I should note that some of these conversations involved beer.
"
A lot of that end bit means nothing to me, but I'm guessing he's talking about sport.




*Brown-Mouse in joke.

No comments: