Wednesday, December 31

A sign of true cook-dom?

... what with the plethora of red and yellow tomatoes I've got rolling around the kitchen at the moment, I thought I'd whip up a nice tomato tart for tea.
I could remember the basics of the pate brisee I need but just wanted to check a recipe to be sure. I found this, on a post it, in my special book of recipes.
Pate Brisee
1 + 3/4 cup plain flour
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 big egg
1 tablespoon milk
pinch fine sugar
It's the "method" section that made me laugh
- rub in butter, add egg & milk
Knead
Make cold
Roll out
Quite a bit of assumed knowledge there really - I'd better make it a little clearer in case Mr Brown ever wants to make it.

2 comments:

Pink Granite said...

I have to agree. A couple of more explanatory sentences would make a big difference!
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Ok, here you go .