Sunday, July 13

Dear Mr Coles ....

.... did you really think I wouldn't detect the sneaky 490g sticker placed over the 500g printing on the Barilla pasta packs? That you'd siphoned off 10g? Did you hope no one would spot your deceitful manoeuvre?
I noticed Mr Coles. I noticed and I'd rather pay the extra 10 50 cents and keep the pack at 500g thanks - 500g is perfect for 2 meals for 2 people. 490g, just isn't quite enough.
Fuck you Mr Coles, I'm buying my Barilla pasta at the grocer, where there's no sneaky reductions covered up by nasty stickers.
You're an evil underhand bastard and I hate you.
Your foe,
Morgan Mouse

6 comments:

Roo said...

Remind me not to upset you! ;o))

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, you really do have to push me to the absolute limit before I'd write you a letter like that one ;)
What really gets me is the 10g reduction only applies to Coles stores, I can still get the 500g elsewhere - which must mean it's something Coles asked for - bastards!

Urban Koda said...

Or could it be that Coles are doing pilot program for the Pasta cartels?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

UK - I wouldn't put it past the evil bastards!

e said...

Why take off 10g? I don't understand.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E - you add up all those 10g-s from all the thousands of packets of pasta sold, all the while we are paying the same as we paid for the 500g pack, it saves money and the shop can say "we didn't raise the price". Grrr, this really makes me cross.