Tuesday, June 3

And then ...

... on the way home I spotted a Rolls Royce parked on the side of Pitt St, metallic gold paint and the hood ornament, she was gold too. (not the actual vehicle in question)
Let's play a game shall we? Guess what the Mouse thought to herself when she passed this splendidly ostentatious vehicle:
(a) my what a beautiful example of a motor vehicle I must have one for my very own;
(b) goodness, how magnificent, the owner of that magnificent vehicle must be a very wealthy and powerful person;
(c) Look at that beautiful car, the owner must possess astounding style and good taste; or
(d) tosser.

7 comments:

Urban Koda said...

I think I shall go with...

d) Tosser

Pink Granite said...

I'm with U.K. on this. I too choose:
(d) Tosser
or
(e) Imagine what else the owner could have done with all that money...
(f) That probably cost what my house cost four times over...
but maybe those are just my own thoughts bleeding through!
;o)
- Lee

Roo said...

You see I would have stood there and thought - what a beautiful car, only because I have been around the factory (years ago when it was proper) and seen the attention to detail the people actually put into them and the pride they took in them - then my second thoughts would have been, and then it was sold to a tosser - hey ho ;o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

D it was! well done all.
Lee, when Mr Brown and I used to see expensive cars we'd say "they have our HOUSE parked in their driveway". With Sydney house prices the way they are, we don't get to say that much anymore ;)
Roo, i didn't actually think it was beautiful, too angular for my taste. If it had been a vintage Roller though, with curves & running boards, I'd have drooled.

e said...

Beautiful, but not subtle. And I picked (d), too.

Zoomie said...

They have a certain stateliness but it still amazes me that they are entirely hand made. I'd dig a used one, before it becomes "vintage" and costs more...

Ms Brown Mouse said...

You know Zoomie, Morgan Cars are also entirely hand made. Guess which one I'd rather have parked outside the house?