Wednesday, January 23

Hot date ...

... … well as hot as a date can be when it’s your husband of 14 years and you go to see a kiddies’ movie.
We finally got around to seeing The Golden Compass . I went with an open mind as I’d enjoyed the books and didn’t expect the film to be as good (I can’t think of a single instance where a film has been as good as a book but one lives in hope). So, the plot was simplified, the major theme watered down, huge chunks removed, bits changed for no good reason (that I could think of anyway, simplification I would guess). But, the special effects were wonderful, the daemons, the bears, the landscapes, wonderful. So, if you’ve not seen it yet, forget the book and sit back and enjoy the spectacle.
We rounded the evening off with a visit to Viva Goa where we gobbled down Panjim Panrolls, Sungtachi Kodi and Galinha Xacuti, before we hurtled home to feed the cats. We were met at the door with much tail swishing and howling, oppski.

No comments: