Sunday, June 10

An artist's garden ...

... This is one of my favourite pictures ever. I've loved it since high school when we got a new art teacher, Mrs Nash, who actually insisted on teaching us art history as well as the usual arty stuff. Most of us disliked the woman, particularly her instance on actual exams - but she did teach me a lot about art, and I'm surprised how much of it stuck. I'm glad I know now what I resented learning about then. So, many, many, many years later, a belated thanks to Mrs Nash.
So, anyway, the power and stuff's back on at Mum's so we're off on a little adventure through the Royal National Park, to be fed and, perhaps, to use the GIANT tub!
And here are a few flowers, camelias, from my (non-artist) garden.

4 comments:

Roo said...

Use the giant tub for what??? ;o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Nothing interesting I'm afraid, for a bath. I look forward to visits to houses with bathtubs because some insane renovator removed the bath from our house long before we bought it. Sigh, showers are fine but baths are better now and again.

Roo said...

You can't beat a good soak can you... I always take a book with me, and invariably I fall asleep, and jerk awake as the bottom of the book dips into the water! :o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, yes, I used to take a book and a glass of wine and demand tasty snacks be brought in from the kitchen - I miss those days.