Saturday, May 26

Lemon harvest 2007

... pretty poor really, 4 lemons. It would have been 5 only some arsehole ripped one off, tearing a wee lemon tree branch in the process.
Still they are HUGE lemons, big as oranges. Mr Brown was surrounded by admiring ladies (on their way to the market at the end of the street) as he harvested them in a manly way this morning. "Oooh, how do you get such big lemons?" they cooed. "Chook poo" he replied with a saucy grin. I could hear them giggle from inside.
Last year I made lemon & almond curd (and then a lemon & almond curd tart) with the harvest. This year I think I'll give Ilva's lemon & rosemary curd a go.

4 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

Chook poo!
Rock on, Mouse.
xx

LBA said...

they look like Meyer Lemons, are they ?

Anonymous said...

Cookiecrumb, yep, chook poo, great stuff. Just remember not to sprinkle any around if you intend to sleep with the window open!
H&B - I'm pretty sure they are Meyer, I've lost the ticket and have a crap memory so I can't be 100% sure.

e said...

Chook poo? 'splain, please. Not sure if my lapse is due to my being Italian or American. Or maybe just ignorant. :o)