Thursday, July 15

I'd forgotten to mention ...

... our last treat during our little Millthorpe/truffle sojourn was High Tea on Sunday.
I'll just list what we had shall I? Not to rub it in at all, just so you get a feel for it.
Salmon Rillettes on Croustade
Chicken & Leek Pie (tiny)
Savoury Shortbread with Goat Curd
Warm Scone with Cumquat & Passionfruit Marmalade
Churro with Apple & Currant Compote
Cinnamon Basic & Creme Brulee Jelly
Orange Chocolate Kiss
Passionfruit Marshmallow
Dark Chocolate Truffle
If you drop into the village, on a Sunday, you could have such a lovely high tea yourself.

4 comments:

Ro said...

Kumquat & Passionfruit Marmalade sounds absolutely wonderful!!!!

Thanks for your purrs and positive thoughts for my cat. The vet says she is doing very well so far and I get to go visit her today. I would bring her some kumquat and passionfruit marmalade but I think she'd prefer catnip jelly. :)

Pink Granite said...

yum & sigh...

Sue said...

OK, so I'm feeling sick as a dog right now and the thought of actually eating anything besides dry crackers makes me want to hurl, but this all sounds delicious! I must be on the mend, there's nothing on this list that I wouldn't eat right now!!!

Sue X

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Ro, what your Tiger needs is bbq-ed chicken, it has been known to bring sick cat back from the dead. Poor wee pusscat, what a thing to have gone through.
Lee, you need to visit, we'll take a drive! Or go to one of the several places that do high tea in Sydney OR, at a pinch, go to NY and the Met, they do a good high tea in the cafe!
Sue, are you unwell? O dear, as soon as you are able I highly recommend a treat, it'll perk you right up!