Tuesday, June 15

Now you will all understand why I dream of the house falling down about my ears ...

... while I sleep.
It's the cracks, those terrible cracks. I can't stand them. I worry aloud about them, which makes Mr Brown cross and roll his eyes at me.
This is not the reason for today's post, however.
Today I post to celebrate new windows. New windows without broken, flapping sash cords so that they will open at the top and the bottom, at the same time, creating (in theory) airflow we've thus far only dreamed of. New windows without bodgy, hand-painted, "privacy" frosting (the fellow who lived here before was a bit of a privacy/security nut). New windows with insect screens that run the whole length of them. New windows that won't rattle in strong winds (fingers crossed) or allow water to come inside when the rain is particularly heavy (or they better fucking not). New windows treated so to reduce noise and increase insulation.
Still, in showing you the new windows I reveal some mighty cracks. Try not to be too frightened.
I give you our new windows.

Next step operation shutters closely followed by operation attic space (SPACE!!)

5 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

Very nice. Buying new windows seems impossibly grownup to me.

Pink Granite said...

Ooooh!
Very nice!
Do they tip in for easy cleaning of the outside parts?
Enjoy!
;o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie, buying a HOUSE was so grown up I nearly fainted, windows are a doddle!
Lee, they are sash, so no, they just go up and down. I suspect I'm going to have to pay someone to clean the outsides of them, Mr Brown puts on such a paddy about the bars getting in the way when I ask him to :)

Roo said...

Hunky window cleaner - everyone needs one. ;o) Lots of bars.....?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, now there's an idea!