Friday, April 2

Eggs ...

... the chocolate variety.
Mr Brown and I feel free to partake due to the non-christian mishmash of meanings and symbolism that they are. We like eggs, we like chickens, we like life, we like chocolate. Also we are greedy piggies. All is good.
Mr Brown was getting a little twitchy because the usual long-weekend chocolates had not been bought and brought home by moi."Will there be chocolate?" he asked, face all pulled into a smoosh of pathos, "where's the chocolate?"
"Never fear, I've been wading through the interwebs, chocolate will arrive," I assured him.And arrive it did, I got the call at work yesterday (packages are delivered to Mr Brown's office, as there is always a person at reception willing to sign for them). "It's a BIG PARCEL, very big" he told me.
And he brought it home, unopened, even though he knew what was inside.Which is a pity because I'd arranged for a little message. Of course, we've eaten 1/2 the chocolates already. Last night, because we have absolutely no self control and hell, if we died in our sleep before Sunday we'd never get to eat them!

7 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Gosh those eggs look nice! I only let myself eat the teeny tiny eggs before Easter Sunday, I am a model of self-restraint.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

We, on the other hand, are the total opposite of self restraint.

S said...

love the eggs, most beautiful (and I bet they taste delicious)

Zoomie said...

Today's goal is to make up an Easter basket for My Beloved, who thinks I'm only making one for my granddaughter. Sneaky love.

And you're right to have eggs on hand - they came as a cause for celebration 'way before the Christians took over the holiday.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

S - the eggs are tins, stuffed with chocolates, and the chocolates are scrummy!
Zoomie, sneaky love, I love it!

Pink Granite said...

Some wildly wonderful special chocolates have been indulged in by us only twice - one of each, each, each time.

(Imagining your jaw dropping now)

But we believe chocolate is a major food group so we tide ourselves over between fantabulous treats with Scharffen Berger and Green & Black's.

;o)
- Lee

M said...

Funny, very funny.

I have been eating easter eggs for weeks.

No self-restraint AT ALL. EVER.