Saturday, September 26

Last night I almost died ...

... of the CUTE. Last night I finally got to meet bebe poss, Hush. Hush nibbles on the fruit we leave out for Poss.
Hush leans over Poss's shoulder and just hoes right in. We may have to start leaving out a bit more, now there's another mouth to feed.
May I have some more please?
Of course you may.
Hush holds on tight and curls her little tail into a fluffy coffee scroll.
Every now and then a flooff of possum fur wafts to the ground, I think those grippy wee paws are de-thatching poor Poss.
Nom, nom, nom. O, and that "friend" I spotted a while back, he's back (it looks like he’s twirling his moustaches, doesn’t it?). And there's no mistaking his boydom.
He came right down last night and took food from my hand. That's even MORE fruit to be left out then. This could get expensive.
I have a feeling there'll be another bebe poss next season, he really is a most handsome fellow. She's rebuffed him so far, but she's only just had a bebe.
That red in his fur, I'm not sure if that's dust from earlier in the week or his colour. It's the most impressive rusty red in any case.

9 comments:

e said...

Awww. Did you miss them? How fabulous to have Poss and the family. And yes, it's going to get expensive.

Zoomie said...

The baby's silky gray ears are so amazing! Worth the expense, for sure!

Pink Granite said...

Wow!
What wonderful photographs and narrative of such captivating creatures!
Thank you!
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E, I did miss them quite a bit, and it is a little bit fab and a little bit worrying.
Zoomie, worth every penny!
Lee - my pleasure, they make me squeeee!

Zee Poodle said...

Such adorable little possie hands & such wonderful piccos! xxxx

M said...

So Hush isn't invisible after all. Must eat a lot of vegemite sandwiches.

Fe said...

M stole my line!!

They really are gorgeous! And you wouldn't see THEM in NYC ;)

xox

cookiecrumb said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

M & Fe - Yes and some lamintons and pav!
Cookie - Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - eeee!