Wednesday, September 3

I have just worked myself up into a frothing fury ...

... over a cousin's bio (no I won't link to it) about the family trade where I'm mentioned.
Despite the fact that I never took Mr Brown's name as my own (having a perfectly good name of my own), and have never been known as Mrs Brown, that's what I'm called in said blurb. This makes me very bloody cross indeed. Seeing red rage type cross, it can't be that fucking hard to get someone's name right. And isn't the first rule of journalism (said family trade) check the name?!
And, he didn't ask if I minded having my (sort of) name/identity splashed over the interwebs - I'm not a "public" figure and don't particularly want to be - dick.
4/9/08 - Is all fixed now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bloody hell, i want the link god damn it.

Anonymous said...

found it. didn't make him a good writer tho did it all that journalistic blood?
glad i choose science. x

Ms Brown Mouse said...

I sent the link to you - You can just guess how it happend the Website asked journos for blurbs and they all provided their own - his is about the longest one there, wank, wank, wank. And it must have taken some fucking effort to get the name wrong, finding out what Mr Brown's name actually was, given we are all Mouse-es.
Cock, dick, prat. Still I sent an email to the website folk and they promised a correction.
Mum's all up in arms because something else was wrong too - being an egomaniac I only noticed moi ;)

Pink Granite said...

And I thought my extended family provided a plethora of "interesting" moments!

Remember to breathe...

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee, yes I'm still breathing, if only to stay alive so I can poke said cousin in the eye next time I see him ;)