Tuesday, August 5

My apologies to the Banjo ...

... but these lines came to mind at work today, they really rang true.
"I am sitting in my dingy little office, where a stingy
Ray of sunlight struggles feebly down between the houses tall,
And the foetid air and gritty of the dusty, dirty city
Through the open window floating, spreads its foulness over all"
Except, of course, the windows in my ghastly, modern office don't open AT ALL!*




*then again, I do get a window, which is better than most of the poor buggers I work with.

3 comments:

Pink Granite said...

Oh dear!
If this post is any indication, it could be a very long couple of months for you!

I was surprised to read you have a window. I had no idea you were that high up in the government! ;o)

In the last building that Chuck worked in (also for the government - in his case the state) none of the windows opened. And proximity to said precious windows was based on seniority!

Hang in there kiddo!
;o)
- Lee

Zoomie said...

Ouch. I hope you get some time in your lovely garden with your sweet cat and Mr. Brown soon - sounds like you really, really need it!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee, I'm State too! And I share the office with another, and she, being more senior, is the one who gets to sit next to the window. But I do get to look out of it, revel in the natural light and see the windows on the other side. (& I'm only important until November, then I go back to being a drone).
Zoomie, roll on the weekend I say, my seed potatoes have arrived so we will all be out in the garden come Sunday.