Monday, July 28

Very, very foolishly ...

... finished off the vegie bed in the pouring rain yesterday afternoon. Got soaking wet, freezing cold and am now paying for it. Sore, sniffy and miserable. I may spend the rest of the day on my nice new couch under the big Canberra doona*.





* That's the one we used back when we lived somewhere cold. Mostly cannot tolerate being under it for longer than 10 minutes. Our Sydney doona is, well the thinnest, down/feather poor one we could find that was still had down/feathers.

6 comments:

Roo said...

Doona? I am assuming that this is a duvet? And you are right, gardening in the rain is like is like wetting yourself in a dark suit, it gives you are warm feeling, but nobody notices!

Pink Granite said...

We have a very thin summer quilt (doona) and a winter one. We finally made the switch to this system this winter. Heavenly!
;o)
- Lee
P.S. Love your description of your Sydney doona!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo, doona = duvet indeed - and surely you mean weeing yourself in a wet suit!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Lee - I suspect your summer doona is our winter doona. Summer is a sheet at the very most. It does get rather hot and it doesn't help that my bedmate is a human furnace!

Roo said...

Aha - So I am not alone... we switch summer/winter duvets, but I swear to god that my man would have the winter duvet all year round if he had his way. Me, I get home and change into t-shirt and shorts, and I know it must be hot if he is in the same. Usually you can tell if it's warm as I am in a t-shirt and Peter has a jumper with him "just in case"... why? ;o)

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Roo - I suspect you must the the furnace in your family.
You certainly know when it's hot around our place, I'm all fainting and limp and grizzly, sigh the day are getting longer already.