Friday, January 18

I saw something nasty on the internet ...

... and just like Great Aunt Ada Doom, I've not quite recovered.
I've a habit of clicking linkies everywhichwhere, letting chance, fate & serendipity take me to interesting places. I also hate being told "don't" or "thou shalt not" and so, am likely to click a link that is prefaced with a warning.
I'm not going to link to the horridness, I'm sure you can work it out if you go to Gawker and poke about. It's the most horrid thing there without a shadow of a doubt. Images are burned onto my brain, I keep seeing them when I least expect it. I was genuinely horrified, repulsed and disgusted. Thinking about it, even a week later, has me dry retching.
I have learned a lesson.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

crumbs. im not even going to go to gawker. call me a scardey pants. it must have been awful, poor you.

Pink Granite said...

Hi -
I'm so sorry whatever the horror was is still clinging to you! I am far too sensitive to even inquire or investigate further.
I think of the internet as a great big city. There are some place I just won't go - any time of the day or night. So I try very hard to avoid being randomly dropped in some undesirable location!
I hope it all fades for you soon. I also hope whoever created/posted/did whatever they did, that they stop/change their ways.
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

It does serve me right, I was warned after all. In real life I'd have gone nowhere near - but the non-reality of the interwebs rather lulls one. I shall be much more careful in future that's a certainty.

LBA said...

I'm not sure what you clicked on over there, but nearly every new-internetter finds themselves over at rotten.com in the early days.

And wished they'd seen not..

Ms Brown Mouse said...

H&B - I've not stumbled on rotten.com, thanks for the headsup - really, you don't want to know. This has been a lesson on reading through to the end before you click ;)