Sunday, December 2

Set for summer ...

... in 2 week I'll be on leave, 3 weeks leave. I don't normally do the holiday thing while the school holidays are on but we were "encouraged" to by work and I thought what the hell. It's not as if I intend to go into town or one of the big cinema complexes, so it's unlikely I'll have to suffer the company of revolting teen types anyway.Nope, I'm going to be at home, reading, perhaps undertaking a little project (won't say what, that way it doesn't matter if I don't), cooking, and pottering about (probably in my PJs). Bliss.
Mr Brown & I will travel to visit family for a few days, 24th my parents, 25th him mum (& the twin sisters, Sinister & Dexter). We will be staying at the Hyatt on the 25th, it's booked, as is the cat man who will feed the girls, water the plants, bring in the papers, etc.
I'm quite impressed with my planning and booking, now all I have to do is survive the next 2 weeks and then ... sigh.
Oh, I've just finished reading Jewels - A Secret History, by Victoria Finlay (she also wrote Colour, Travels through the Paintbox). Excellent little book, entertaining and educational. Who'd have thought such pretty things were the cause of so much unhappiness and suffering? (Actually, I guess I did know, but the extent was an eye opener.)

2 comments:

Pink Granite said...

All that planning and organizing now, lifts the burden off your shoulders during your time off.

Reading, PJs, visits, cooking, relaxing and enjoying life - have you thought about becoming a vacation planner?
;o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Funny isn't it, most people think my ideal holiday is boring and want to rush of and DO things - shudder.