Saturday, August 11

Spring is in the air ...

... for sure and for certain.
The last 3 days I've gone to and from work without wearing a jacket.
Today there's a nice warm wind coming in from the west, it's drying things on the line quickly & sweetly. I've got all the windows and doors open, clearing out the stale air of winter.
Ping is hunting skinks, Small is snoozing on the back step and Mr Brown is cleaning out the pump in the fish pond (a hateful job when it's cold).As soon as I've showered etc we are off to buy bags and bags and bags of poo (chook, cow, possibly sheep & worm) as well as some hay and stuff for mulch. There will be much digging in of the smelly stuff, much layering of the other stuff and in a week or 2 much planting of the eating stuff. (pic added post-poo purchase!)Then will come summer and I'll complain for months, then Autumn and I'll be happy again. The cycle of the seasons :)

6 comments:

e said...

Ah...bags of poo - always the first sign of the welcome spring, new life, the circle begins again. Poetry.

Of course you realize what this means: soon the temperature will drop down to 80F in LA. 'Course, Sept and Oct tend to be the hottest months here, so perhaps "soon" is more like "eventually."

cookiecrumb said...

That's amazing. We officially still have over a month of summer here (California), but I'm feeling the drift toward seasonal change. Fall.
I used to dread it. Now I like it. Especially when I can have a pal like you drifting into spring.

This blogging stuff. Good for the spirit.

e said...

Ping is hilarious! She has to check everything out. What a funny kitty.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Cookie - more than happy to share the southern spring, I've been enjoying and inspired by your northern summer. This blogging lark is indeed the bees' knees.
E - oh yeah, NOTHING goes on in this house or garden without a Ping inspection first!

e said...

It's clear Ping takes her inspection duties very seriously indeed. Even though I'm all the way across the world, I feel safer for it.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

You should see her come shopping day - each and every bag is carefully inspected - no way is anything nasty getting in this little house.