Friday, June 29

Fata Morgana ...

... my former desk buddy, Fiddles, sent me this link.
So, Morgana is an "optical phenomenon which results from a temperature inversion", a superior mirage no less. And many other things besides (I particularly like the a dark ride in the Efteling amusement park in the Netherlands reference). Cool.
As it happens I was baptised (yes the catholics got their mits on me before I was able to raise any objection) Morgana Anna (all in Latin t'would appear). Although my birth certificate reports Morgan, and Morgan alone.
Turns out the priest refused to do the deed if the vile pagan name of Morgan was all there was, he insisted on a "saint's name". Mum went with Ann.
Me, I'd have told him to shove it up his fat hairy arse and walked away. Wish she had.
Oh, and just saying, I would totally stuff a kitteh down my cleavage if'n I thought it would help.

6 comments:

Mailyn said...

Me, I'd have told him to shove it up his fat hairy arse and walked away. Wish she had.

LMFAO!!! That right there cracked me up.

Mailyn said...

P.S. Oh and I got an NC17 rating as well! Seems there are a lot of us out there. Hehehe.

e said...

I think stuffing a kitteh down the cleavage ALWAYS helps, so go for it.

Fata Morgana: very common on the Strait of Messina, which is mentioned in Wikipedia. It's also when things across the water look really close, much closer than they really are. You get that sometimes over the Strait, it's amazing. All of sudden you look across the water, and Calabria looks like it's 200 yards away. What's weird is that on very rare occasions you can even hear the sounds, sometimes even individual voices.

cookiecrumb said...

Superior, yes!
I wish you lived near me. We could be so naughty together.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

E - just another thing to add to my wish list.
My mind boggles at the thought of an aural mirage.
Cookiecrumb - what larks would be had! What fabulous food would be eaten.

e said...

Yeah, it's very cool. I've seen it once or twice (with the sounds!) and it's mesmerizing. It makes me want to jump into the strait and swim across. Not a good idea, by the way, it's about 3k's, the water is cold, deep, and the currents are very powerful. Nonetheless...