Friday, April 13

Strange noises ...

... were heard outside our bedroom window last night. It sounded like some sort of mutant asthma attack. It turned out to be a couple of possums saying rude things to each other. Hell, they may have been singing love songs, I don't speak possum. I thought it was 2 possums, one in the Crepe Myrtle, and one in the Gum Tree. But tonight, when I got around to downloading the pictures and getting a good look I found, poss number 3 (see him, down in the corner, I circled him, his eyes gave him away). No? Is this better?I love these furry fellas, except when they nest in the chimney.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooof! such cuties!! do you get in your chimney??

LBA said...

I love them too ;)

When we lived in another house, we had our dining table pushed right up to the front window of a very treed yard.

Each night, while watching tele, our cat Ham would sit up under the curtains and 'talk, talk, talk'.

Bemused, I once got up to see what the hell he was up to .. and lo & behold, face to face, nose to nose, save for a pane of glass ... he was talking to the possums. It was conversational, frateral, not killer/prey, and I don't care what anyone says. I think he loved that possum(s).

After that, i'd often join him at the window. It was really lovely ;)

I won't tell you what our adopted stray Bob used to do to them before we got him adopted and knackered ... needless to say, I wasn't fond of my wooing gifts of hindquarter on the back mat ...

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Our Small sits out the back, looking up into trees and talks, talks, talks to the fruit bats & the possoms. I just love that at least some native wildlife have managed to adapt to the suburbs, seeing them cheers me up every time!

Ms Brown Mouse said...

CAW, we had one living in the chimney, we found out cos he fell down and we saw a little pink foot sticking out into the fireplace (unlit). We evicted him and the chimney sweep put special wire over the top so he couldn't move back in. Mr Brown say him jump the dunny lane onto the neighbour's roof and dive down THEIR chimney! We like to share the possum love.