Thursday, April 5

I can see into my neighbour's back yard ...

... for the first time since we moved here. The view from our "office" window has been spoiled. We knew it was coming but this morning it started, scorched earth to the sound of chainsaws, crashing plant life & swearing.
A child care centre is being built across the back fence (we lost the council war - dammit) and today they clear felled the land. It went from this, blissful non-view, to this, roofs, walls, ick.
We've been promised screens and "plantings" but why couldn't they just have left the tree & shrubs that were there already?

4 comments:

LBA said...

From what i've been reading, by other mothers ( one a botanist ), it's about removing poisonous plants .. but ultimately about CONTROL, and litigation.

But i'm with you on the view :(

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Sigh, sign of the times then. I'll come over all old and say when I was a girlie plantlife abounded in our backyards and school and playyards, and I don't think I ever, not even once, ate a plant - well other than the vegies my ma made me eat ;)

Anonymous said...

oh no :(

perhaps the littlies might also have climbed said trees and plopped right into your garden?

Ms Brown Mouse said...

ooh If they'd done that I'd have been well within my rights to shoot em, oui?